LEAN IN EUROPE (Driving Competitiveness)
Since 2013, the EU-Japan Centre organises occasional Lean visits in Europe. The visits help European engineers develop and improve their companies activities with a better understanding of best practice.
- Day 1: a preparatory evening with a roundtable discussion on 'Lean' and 'how to become Lean', led by Prof. Richard Keegan (Enterprise Ireland and Trinity College, Dublin) - the EU Japan Centre’s Lean/Best Practice advisor, and a networking dinner hosted by the EU-Japan Centre.
- Day 2: a unique opportunity to see world-class principles in action with lectures, shop-floor visits, coaching and detailed explanations provided by the host company.
Costs - Participants' companies will be expected to cover their travel and hotel costs. There are no participation costs associated with this activity.
Eligibility - Candidates must be citizens of an EU Member-State or COSME Third Country, be employed by an organisation that is an EU juridical person, have a reasonable command of English and their application must be supported by their employer. By applying, candidates agree to take part in the full mission.
Applications - Priority will be given to applicants with some experience in implementing lean. Applications should be submitted online via the specific web application form for the visit in question.
Dates for your diary - our forthcoming visits:
- To the Maserati Plant (Turin) on Thursday 22 & Friday 23 September - the application deadline has passed.
- To Odelo in Slovenia on Monday 05 & Tuesday 06 December 2016 (application deadline is 23 October)
- To thyssenkrupp Norte in Spain in March 2017 (details to be announced)
Each Lean in Europe – Driving Competitiveness in the EU visit is organised separately - people wishing to take part in more than one visit must submit separate applications.