Call for expert report proposals: October 2017
The EU-Japan Centre is currently calling for expert report proposals for its "About Japan" information website (www.eubusinessinjapan.eu).
The deadline for submitting proposals is Wednesday, 25 October 2017.
The EU-Japan Centre launched in 2013 a reference website for all EU companies wishing to do business with Japan: “EU BUSINESS IN JAPAN” (www.eubusinessinjapan.eu).
The objective of this website is to provide practical information for EU businesses in need of clear guidelines on trade and investment opportunities in Japan, including practical information on Japanese business sectors (market surveys, etc.) and advice on overcoming various barriers to the Japanese market (i.e. corporate taxation, IPR, etc.)
In order to provide reliable and up-to-date information on as many different relevant sectors and issues as possible, the EU-Japan Centre is heavily reliant on reports and articles from external experts.
With this new call, the EU-Japan Centre is preparing for the reports and online trainings to be released in 2018. These reports should follow a structure that looks similar to the example below.
As a not-for-profit body, the EU-Japan Centre is only able to offer a nominal payment to contributing authors. However, each Author will receive an online acknowledgment (his/her name, company name and field of expertise published on the website). Should the visitors of the « EU BUSINESS IN JAPAN » portal be satisfied with the quality of the information made available on the website for a specific subject, and should they need further support, they will be invited to contact the author of the publication for further (chargeable) services.
If you don’t want to miss this unique occasion to appear on the reference portal for all EU business activities in Japan, please send your proposal by Wednesday, 25 October 2017 to Gwenael Beauvais at G.Beauvais@eu-japan.eu
The EU-Japan Centre is currently interested in receiving reports covering the topics listed below. These reports should contain the most up to date information currently available. The EU-Japan Centre will accept unpublished papers as well as recent reports (published no further back than 2015) which have been updated. Submissions must already have been proofread in English.
When proposing a subject for a report, please take into account the existing reports published by the EU-Japan Centre, JETRO, and other organisations.
Topics related to high-tech - Opportunities for EU SMEs in the:
- Society 5.0 strategy in Japan
- Autonomous driving system market in Japan
- Japanese fintech industry
- Virtual and augmented reality market in Japan
- 5G cooperation with Japan
Topics related to retailing products - Opportunities for EU SMEs in the:
- Cheese market in Japan
- Japanese meat market
- Footwear and leather market in Japan
- Japanese textiles and clothing market
- Forestry products market in Japan (including log-house)
- Transport equipment market in Japan
- Opportunities for EU SMEs in the tourism sector in Japan (Including Apps development for European tourists)
- Financial support in Japan for EU SMEs
- Pharmaceutical industry in Japan (latest trends)
In addition, experts are invited to submit any ideas or suggestions of Japan-related topics in their domain of expertise and which would be in line with the current EU-Japan EPA process and of interest for EU industry (especially EU SMEs).
The final draft of the approved report should consist of a minimum of 10.000 words, however for some high-tech topics as well as the export flowcharts a different word count may be appropriate.
With regards to the report structure, the following structure can serve as an example:
- Executive Summary / Abstract
- Description, Scope of Coverage
- Regulation for export to and sale in Japan
- Authorities responsible
- Labelling Packaging (if relevant)
- Authorities responsible
- Tax matters: Tariffs & Taxes
- Market Analysis (per product/service covered in this sector)
- Product/service/technology description covered by this analysis (in the case of more product/service/technology covered in this sector)
- Market Size, Trends, Profitability
- Main Players (Competitors, Suppliers, Producers, Customers etc.)
- Key Success Factors, Main Challenges, Opportunities
- Distribution Channels
- Importers & Related Organisations, Important trade fairs or other events
- Overview of the opportunities for EU SMEs and Recommendations
- Please insert in this part EPA future impacts if relevant
- Appendix A: Complete Bibliography
- Appendix B: Literature & Web links
The expert will have to present his/her work during a one-hour webinar to be scheduled in 2018. Applicants should bear this in mind when submitting their proposals.
Your proposal should be written in English and include the following elements:
- The expert:
- Full contact details of each expert involved in the proposal
- Proof of expertise
- Proof of experience
- List of publications by the Author(s)
- The work / deliverables:
- Table of Content
- Methodology to be used
- Expected number of words
- The Fee
- The amount of nominal payment expected to be paid at the final delivery.
- The Delivery
- Planned date for the interim delivery
- Planned date for the final delivery (FEB-JUNE 2018)
- Webinar date will be fixed after selection
Depending on your range of expertise, offers can be submitted for several reports.
These reports are intended for open access online publication, and they will be made public.
Your proposal should be sent by email to Gwenael Beauvais: G.Beauvais@eu-japan.eu at the latest on Wednesday, 25 October 2017.
Selection criteria will include the background of the Author(s), the quality of the contents and the price of the report. In addition, proposals for reports which could contain interactive elements (i.e. embedded videos, etc.) may be favourably considered by the selection committee.
The results of the selection process will be announced end of November 2017. More technical specifications will be sent to successful candidate authors.
1. Deadline for proposals: Wednesday, 25 October 2017
2. Selection results release: At the latest end of November
3. Interim report delivery period: JAN – MAY 2018
4. Final report delivery period: FEB – JUN 2018
5. Webinars after final report delivery: FEB – JUN 2018
For further information, feel free to contact Gwenael Beauvais
Tel.: +32 2 282 3716
We look forward to receiving your proposals!