Technology Transfer webinar 3: Managing a Nanotechnology Patent Portfolio
What are current approaches for creating, managing and extracting value from IP in nanotechnology?
26-04-16 | 09:00 h - 10:30 h
Nanotechnology-based inventions are found in end applications as diverse as biomedicine, information technology, electronics, apparel, energy production, lithography, aerospace engineering and molecular robotic manufacturing. However, the fact that nanotechnology is a relatively new field presents challenges in managing a nanotechnology-based patent estate and when negotiating, drafting, and complying with nanotechnology licensing agreements.
What you will learn during this webinar?
The following are among the unique issues that must be considered when managing a nanotechnology IP estate:
- Overlap in nanotechnology patents has created a “patent thicket”
- How patents can be used most effectively in conjunction with trade secrets in protecting nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology-based inventions often present unique technological issues relevant to licensing considerations
- How cross-licensing can counter the patent thicket in nanotechnology
- How difficulties in reverse engineering affect policing infringement
- How difficulties in up-scaling nanotech affect commercialization timetables
Speaker: Sarah Korman is Senior Intellectual Property & Litigation Counsel at Amgen, Inc.
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office.
Moderator: Luca Escoffier is a Project Manager of the EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk.
Registration: Please register using the online webform