½-day "About Japan" Cross-cultural Workshop Series in the EU
In cooperation with local members of the Enterprise Europe Network, the EU-Japan Centre organises cross-cultural workshops in the EU to introduce European companies to the basic principles of Japanese business culture.
The goal of the workshops is to prepare European companies for doing business with Japan.
Taking the opportunity of these events, the EU-Japan Centre briefly introduces information about the potential benefits for EU SMEs of the future EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/eu-japan-economic-partnership-agreement/ ).
Led by an expert consultant with coaching experience at all levels of corporate hierarchy from normal employees to top leadership, the workshops covers the following points:
- Japanese Business Etiquette
- General do & don’ts
- Communication with Japanese
- General differences in communication style (high context vs. low context)
- Common misunderstandings
- Gestures and body language
- Doing Business with Japanese
- Meetings & decision-making process
- Negotiating / project management
Detailed cross-cultural workshops can be viewed under the events section.