Topics covered on the (June-July) issue:
Legislation and Policy News
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry newly establishes "EPA Utilization Promotion Council"
- Heads of Patent Offices of Japan, Europe, Korea, China, and the U.S. Discuss Role of Intellectual Property in Achieving SDGs
Survey and Business Data
- More than 10% of new electricity goes to "contract suspension / withdrawal"
- SDGs achievement ranking, Japan down to 19th place in 2022
Company & Organization News
- NTT started joint research on hydrogen transportation by NTT's telephone and communication pipelines
- Fujitsu develops technology to estimate human movement with millimeter-wave radar
- MOL developed new micro plastic collection device, always collects while sailing
- Kajima develops marine ecological conservation technology that contributes to "blue carbon"
- Idemitsu and UMICORE jointly develop high-performance materials for all-solid-state batteries
- Toshiba ESS collaborates with Swedish company Ecahndia on ship electrification
- Nippon Express and French company EMBALL'ISO begin new environmentally friendly services in international air transportation
- IHI, CO2 free power generation achieved with the world’s first gas turbine using 100% liquid ammonia
- MOL conducts "carbon offset voyage" on car vessels for Europe, offsetting approximately 4,000 tons
- Glasgow Financial Alliance Launches New Network Supporting Asia's Transition to Net Zero
- Sharp Corporation, achieves the world's highest conversion efficiency solar cell with a light and bendable