What is Space.Japan?
Space.Japan is a project created by the EU-Japan Centre For Industrial Cooperation with the aim of supporting EU-Japan business and technology cooperation in Space-related Industries both upstream and downstream, as well as in Space applications and utilizations industries, with a focus on certain sectors such as Space Communications, Earth Observation (EO) and Global Navigation Satellite systems (GNSS).
Space.Japan runs in complement with the GNSS.Asia project, started in January 2012, whose objective is to develop and implement GNSS industrial cooperation activities between the European Union and China, India, Japan, Republic of Korea and Taiwan focusing on the downstream sector (applications and receivers, see https://gnss.asia/).
Current actions run by Space.Japan include:
1. An information helpdesk to answer inquiries, particularly on COPERNICUS (the Space.Japan project is member of the Copernicus Japan Relay Network together with Japan Space Systems (JSS)) and GALILEO for Japanese firms interested in using eEO and eGNSS services in the future.
2. A partnering search and dissemination platform;
3. The organization of sector specific workshops with the aims of 1) presenting the latest market-oriented developments of GALILEO / EGNOS from the EU in Japan and inviting Japanese companies to meet and network with Europeans at major EU events such as the European Space Solutions conference; 2) opening a discussion forum in order to engage Japanese Space and GNSS stakeholders on cooperation opportunities with the EU; and 3) deploying the EUJCIC’s training, partnership facilitation and information helpdesk services to industrial actors involved in Space, which can contribute to future industrial partnering with Japan.
If you are a European GNSS.company connected with Space industries interested in the Japanese market, there are 2 concrete actions Space.Japan can support you with:
1) Search for Japanese potential business or technology partners
2) Provide you with up-to-date policy trends, industry and market research data about the Japanese Space Ecosystem
Questions and inquiries
Contact us at SpaceJapan@eu-japan.or.jp or call us +81 (0)3 6408 0281 (contact Fabrizio Mura, Akira Akasaka)
IN NO EVENT THE EU-JAPAN CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL COOPERATION WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN THROUGH THE GNSS.JAPAN SERVICE.
IN NO EVENT THE EU-JAPAN CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL COOPERATION WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SUBSEQUENT DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT THE EU-JAPAN CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL COOPERATION HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, FOR THE USE, NON-USE OR OMISSION OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED.