LEAN IN EUROPE : VISIT 12 : THYSSENKRUPP NORTE
|On Tuesday 28th March, the EU-Japan Centre will organise a Lean in Europe visit, to thyssenkrupp Norte (tkN), in Mieres, in the Asturias region (Spain).|
A preparatory afternoon and evening will be organised the previous day at Prodintec (a regional technology centre specialised in industrial design and production) and will include lean activities and a visit of the technology centre. It will be followed by a networking dinner at TKEIC (Thyssenkrupp's technical innovation centre). The next day will be devoted to the visit to thyssenkrupp Norte.
The visit will focus on
- Team work organisation (inverted pyramid)
- Synchronized flow production of tailor-made machines (HEIJUNKA)
- Flexible flow assembly line with long takt times (4h-8h)
- HOSHIN KANRI approach: BPD, SQDC & IMPACT boards
- Factory 4.0 approach
- Inbound logistics milkrun
- Learn about thyssenkrupp Norte, one of the most well-known manufacturer of escalators and moving walk-ways
- See world-class principles in action with lectures, shop-floor visits, coaching and detailed explanations provided by the host company
- Give feedback to thyssenkrupp Norte
Click here for a draft agenda (subject to change).
Costs - who pays what?
The visit and preparatory evening will be free of charge. However, participants will need to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. For eligibility and other details on our future Lean visits please see the main Lean in Europe Driving Competiveness webpage.
The application deadline has now passed. We are afraid it is no longer possible to apply for a place on the visit to thyssenkrupp Norte. Should you have already applied and have any questions about your application / participation, please email Ellen Murrell