Sustainable Technology Day
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and UNIDO’s Investment and Technology Promotion Office in Tokyo (UNIDO ITPO Tokyo) are jointly organising a pitching and networking event to connect EU and Japanese companies looking to work together in sustainable projects in Africa.
The pitching event will feature innovative Japanese companies developing sustainable technologies in energy, environment, water, agribusiness and telecommunication.
We invite EU companies looking for sustainable technologies to register below. Please note that the number of seats on-site is limited and that we will confirm registrations on a first come, first served basis.
On-site registration (Tokyo): register here by 10 February
Online registration (Zoom): register here by 17 February
The EU-Japan Centre will support EU companies in arranging meetings with the pitching companies upon requests. This support can also be done for online attendees after the event.
Event: Sustainable Technology Day
Date: 17 February 2023 - 8.00-9.30 (CET) / 10:00-11:30 (EAT) / 16.00-17.30 (JST)
followed by a networking reception until 19.00 (JST) for on-site attendees in Tokyo
Format: hybrid, online via Zoom and on-site in Tokyo at the Delegation of the European Union to Japan
Participation: free of charge
Language: English/Japanese (simultaneous interpretation available)
Agenda: coming soon
Registration deadline: 10 February for on-site attendees / 17 February for online attendees
- AGC Inc.: highly durable and high light transmission fluoropolymer film for greenhouse
- Biomass Resin Holdings Co., Ltd.: biodegradable and non-biodegradable biomass plastic compound made of rice
- Mebiol Inc.: hydro-gel film for reduced water farming
- NEC Corporation: hybrid storage solution for optimizing renewable energy
- TBM Co., Ltd.: alternative plastic and paper material "LIMEX"
- Yamaha Motor Co.: water purification system using sand filtration and solar PV
This event is particularly relevant for:
- EU companies and their subsidiaries in Japan or Africa interested in Japanese sustainable technologies,
- Japanese companies interested in business cooperation with EU companies for sustainable projects.
Please note that UNIDO ITPO Tokyo and the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation will have access to and use the information you provide to process your participation in this event. The names of the companies/organisations that register to this event will also be accessed by the speakers.
If you have any questions, please contact the EU-Japan Centre at EJ3A@eu-japan.or.jp
This event is co-organised by UNIDO ITPO Tokyo and the EU-Japan Centre via the EU-Japan Business Cooperation with ASEAN, Africa and Latin America Helpdesk (EJ3A Helpdesk), and the EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk.