Japanese Industry and Policy News September-October 2020 issue
The EU-Japan Centre regularly publishes "Industry and Policy News" from various Japanese language sources of potential interest, including newly released policy documents, surveys, and official statements, in the context of EU-Japan industrial cooperation and is pleased to announce its latest issue.
Topics covered in this issue:
LEGISLATION AND POLICY NEWS
- Japan to drop "Hanko" seals requirement in 99% of administrative procedures
- Image design registered for the first time
- Prime Minister Mr. Suga declares "substantially zero greenhouse gases by 2050"
- New establishment and revision of Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS)
SURVEY AND BUSINESS DATA
- GDP July-September annual rate increase of 21.4%
- Nikkei Trendy and Nikkei X Trend announce 2020 hit products
COMPANY & Organization NEWS
- Toshiba Group started world's first large-scale CO2 separation and recovery demonstration at a biomass power plant
- Japan Research Institute establishes consortium for research on recycling model of EV in-vehicle battery
- Succeeded in visualizing cesium in the body
- Kao Corporation support program for small palm plantations in Indonesia
- AOKI releases shirts using Toray's "PET bottle recycled fiber"
- Kubota and NVIDIA develop fully autonomous agricultural machine equipped with edge AI
- NEDO et al. start demonstration operation of hybrid storage battery system at wind farm in Europe
- Suzuki develops the world's first outboard motor micro plastic collecting device
- Itochu makes full-scale entry into the bio-plastic business of renewable resources in collaboration with European resin manufacturers
- Full-scale provision of the world's first EV-only navigation app
- Iberdrola develops large-scale offshore wind farm in Japan
- UNIQLO launches customer participation type "RE.UNIQLO" to release 100% playback down