Get an insight into your business opportunities in Japanese government procurement and assistance with your tax questions
WHAT JTPP HELPDESK CAN DO FOR YOU
With a potential of an estimated 550 billion euros, Japanese public procurement remains an untapped market for European SMEs, and when doing business in Japan inevitably tax-related issues and questions will arise.
The JTPP Helpdesk aims to support European SMEs in their commercial endeavours in Japan and provides a range of free services in the areas of public procurement and tax issues with which it strives to lessen the hurdles that might impede your business activities.
Did you know?
- Of the 78.000 companies who possessed qualifications to supply to national government entities, only a few hunderd are foreign companies;
- More than a quarter of the competitive calls has only one bidder
- EU-companies presently active in the PP market, are mostly large multinational companies, active in state-of-the-art technology sectors such as medical and scientific equipment
- For taxation purposes, in Japan a company is considered an SME when its capital is not exceeding ¥100 million yen (approx. €800.000) under the Corporation Tax Law
- Japan has tax treaties with most European countries
- Online helpdesk-service (first reply within 48 hours);
- "Ask the Expert" service and liaising with a pool of taxation experts;
- Information-clearinghouse with first-line information on Japanese tax issues;
- Practical guides and checklists;
- A Tax Q&A database with frequently asked questions regarding the Japanese tax system.
- Online helpdesk service (first reply within 48 hours);
- "Ask the Expert" service and liaising with relevant experts;
- Information-clearinghouse on public procurement;
- PP Market Quick Scan Service;
- Practical guides on supplier qualification and industrial standards (JIS) and checklists;
- (Limited) Tender monitoring service;
- Twitter service with selected tender notices and related news(https://twitter.com/JTPPHELPDESK);
- Frequent webinars by experts in the field.
Scope of the services
All the above-mentioned services are free of charge for European SMEs. In case you need assistance requiring certified expertise, the Helpdesk will assist you will finding the right counterparts, such as tax accountants, administrative lawyers and translators. Via other programmes offered by the Centre, the Helpdesk can also assist you with finding suitable local partners.