Lean Café - sharing lean thinking in a friendly atmosphere
The EU-Japan Centre would like to invite you to join us at our virtual Lean Café. We meet monthly (via Zoom) to discuss and share lean thinking.
Dates for your diary...
We're currently arranging details and dates for sessions for the coming months and will post details of each session on this page as and when they are confirmed.
If you would like to be sent details of our future Café sessions as and when they are arranged, please email us.
In the meantime, click here to access recordings and presentations from recent sessions.
How the Lean Café works
- Moderated by Prof. Richard Keegan (Adjunct Professor of Lean Operational Excellence, Trinity Business School) - the EU-Japan Centre's Lean Advisor - each Café sitting will begin with a presentation on a specific topic and will continue with a discussion where you can give your feedback, ask questions or share your experiences. (No table service, so please bring your own drink!)
- For details of past Lean Café discussions please click here. Previous Lean Cafés featured Opex Performance Solutions Ltd, Tetra Pak, Shinka Managament, Jaguar Land Rover Limited and the Toyota Lean Management Centre.
- The Lean Café is a monthly event, if you would like to be sent details of our future Café sessions and our Lean in Europe visits, please email us.
Other resources to help you on your lean journey
- Our World-Class Manufacturing course in Japan - week-long training missions, providing an in-depth analysis of Japanese manufacturing methodology, consisting of lectures, workshops and visits to some of the world’s most advanced Japanese factories in order to understand the real "Gemba" (production site), talk directly with their production managers and observe the effective implementation of manufacturing methods. The next WCM mission will take place from 8 to 12 March 2021 and will be a virtual mission with classes in the morning.
- Our Lean in Europe visits - in-depth visits to European plants to discuss best practice, facilitate the sharing of ideas and networking and to inspire their participants along their companies' lean journeys and to provide valuable feedback to the host companies. Currently suspended, we hope to re-start the visits sometime in 2021.
- Our Lean Masterclass - a series of 8 video lectures by Richard Keegan, recorded in 2016 and focus on "Getting things done". In addition to watching/downloading the lectures you can also request copies of the presentation material and various publications written by Richard.