The Third Japan-Africa Business Forum will launch a virtual B2B matchmaking platform from 29 June to 16 July 2021
The Third Japan-Africa Business Forum will aim at bringing Japanese companies and investors to Africa and is financed by the Japanese Ministry of Finance and the African Development Bank.
This year, through a partnership with the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation, the Japan-Africa Business Forum will be open to EU SMEs active in Africa. Selected SMEs from the EU or COSME partnering countries will have the opportunity to participate through the EU-Japan Centre’s e-booth, and to meet with Japanese companies wishing to invest, enter or expand into African markets and looking for partners already established in the continent.
The event targets companies in the following sectors:
- Energy (oil & gas, renewable energy, geothermal energy, off-grid solutions, independent power producers (IPP), etc.)
- Agri-food (agriculture and related technologies, food transformation)
- Manufacturing (projects of new factories, need for off-takers/buyers)
- Infrastructure (SMEs involved in infrastructure projects in Africa)
- Solutions to improve the quality of life of African people (healthcare and telemedicine, education, access to water, waste management, etc.)