BLCCJ Nippon Export Award 2021-2022
The Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BLCCJ) is organising the 11th edition of the Nippon Export Award (NEA). With this prize the organisers want to reward SMEs or large companies that have made significant achievements in exporting to Japan, importing into Japan, or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products or services.
Where and when?
Deadline to apply – Tuesday, 31 August 2021.
In September, the BLCCJ NEA Taskforce will select 3 finalists who will be invited to make a presentation for a professional jury in October. Companies not based in Tokyo can opt for a remote presentation via Zoom or other digital platforms.
The winner will be commemorated with an award ceremony at the Belgian or Luxembourg Embassy before the end of the year. The winner will also be announced at the annual BLCCJ gala ball on 5 November 2021 at Conrad Tokyo.
Conditions for Application
- The award is open to any company exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products/services.
- Companies must have been actively exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan for a minimum of 3 years.
- Previous winners can reapply four years after their last participation with a different brand or service.
- Applicants do not need to be a BLCCJ member.
Companies without representative office in Japan are also eligible.
The winning company will have shown outstanding export achievements.
- The presence in the Japanese market and the company’s significant achievements (either growth or size) in trade with Japan.
- Showing vision in new niche markets, daring innovation to embark on new opportunities.
- Perseverance in the conquest of the market, adaptation of the products and services to the Japanese taste and standards.
- Originality of approach (marketing, distribution, environment protection, design, research…)
- The company’s spirit (marketing, merchandising…)
- Note: for the purpose of this year’s NEA selection, any impact -positive or negative- caused by COVID-19 will be taken into consideration in the evaluation.
For more information, please contact the BLCCJ office