Various EU products and services enjoy trade benefits from the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA). Yet, access to the Japanese market is still perceived as difficult by EU exporters because of culture, language, trade and other barriers. It is therefore essential for the EU-Japan Centre to provide support regarding business rules, regulations, standards, conformance assessments and best practices.
Launched last September in cooperation with Professor Chieko Nakabayashi, this online training series aims at presenting all what EU companies should know when exporting to Japan (in a practical manner). It already covered numerous topics, such as the requirements for labelling on food products and the rules for quarantines and sanitary clearances at Japanese Customs, and shed light on various technical regulations, ranging from motor vehicles to medical devices.
UPCOMING SESSIONS for 2021:
10. Technical Regulations – Beer – 27 Jan. 2021
11. EU Advantages – Agriculture and Food Products: Pork & Dairy – 3 Feb. 2021
12. EU Advantages – Textiles – 10 Feb. 2021
13. EU Advantages – Footwear & Leather – 17 Feb. 2021
14. Setting up a Business in Japan – Representative Office, Branch Office, Subsidiary Companies – 24 Feb. 2021
15. Markets, Distribution System and Sales Channels for B2B and B2C – 3 Mar. 2021
16. Trade Shows and Due Diligence - Finding Business Partners – 10 Mar. 2021