Business Meeting with Japanese Life Sciences Industries in Osaka 2017
On Tuesday 10 October 2017, the "European Biotech & Pharma Partnering Conference, Osaka, 2017" was organised at the Congrès Convention Center (http://www.congre-cc.jp/en/) in Osaka, Japan.
During the event, business representatives of EU companies had the opportunity to attend pre-arranged B2B meetings with Japanese companies from the Kansai region. The event serves a perfect platform to meet representatives of Japanese companies and accelerate opportunities for potential business partnerships between EU and Japanese companies. The event kicked off with an opening speech at 9 AM and the B2B meetings took place shortly after (from 9:20 AM to 3:50 PM).
2016 partnering event (see 2016 event video on: http://www.eu-japan.eu/videos/BtoB_event_osaka.mp4 ) attracted over 60 Japanese companies and organisations from the Kansai region which resulted in 288 pre-arranged B2B meetings between Japanese and European companies. Meetings were successfully set-up thanks to a matchmaking platform by the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN Japan).
To get a glimpse of some Japanese companies who took part in 2017's partnering conference, please see one of the organisers, Protein Mall Kansai's full list of member companies.
2017' event was a perfect opportunity for a collaboration between Japanese and European entities. This was made possible thanks to the organisations mentioned below:
- Osaka Prefectural Government
- Senri Life Science Foundation
- Osaka Business and Investment Center
- Protein Mall Kansai
- EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation
- bioXclusters plus (European Commission-funded initiative)
- Business France - French embassy in Japan
- Advantage Austria - Austrian Embassy Commercial Section
- Flanders Investment and Trade
In Cooperation with:
- BioM Biotech Cluster Development GmbH
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- The Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Osaka Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association
The Life Sciences Industry Division, Osaka Prefectural Government, Osaka Bio Headquarters had launched their website in English presenting their initiatives: https://osaka-bio.jp/english/
For more information on this event - Contact for EU companies and organisations:
EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation: Jessica Michelson: firstname.lastname@example.org