The EU-Japan Centre in Tokyo is regularly publishing "Industry and Policy News" from various Japanese language sources of potential interest, including newly released policy documents, surveys, and official statements, in the context of EU-Japan industrial cooperation and is pleased to announce the June-July 2022 Issue.
Topics covered in the June-July issue:
Legislation and Policy News
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry newly establishes "EPA Utilization Promotion Council"
- Heads of Patent Offices of Japan, Europe, Korea, China, and the U.S. Discuss Role of Intellectual Property in Achieving SDGs
Survey and Business Data
- More than 10% of new electricity goes to "contract suspension / withdrawal"
- SDGs achievement ranking, Japan down to 19th place in 2022
Company & Organization News
- NTT started joint research on hydrogen transportation by NTT's telephone and communication pipelines
- Fujitsu develops technology to estimate human movement with millimeter-wave radar
- MOL developed new micro plastic collection device, always collects while sailing
- Kajima develops marine ecological conservation technology that contributes to "blue carbon"
- Idemitsu and UMICORE jointly develop high-performance materials for all-solid-state batteries
- Toshiba ESS collaborates with Swedish company Ecahndia on ship electrification
- Nippon Express and French company EMBALL'ISO begin new environmentally friendly services in international air transportation
- IHI, CO2 free power generation achieved with the world’s first gas turbine using 100% liquid ammonia
- MOL conducts "carbon offset voyage" on car vessels for Europe, offsetting approximately 4,000 tons
- Glasgow Financial Alliance Launches New Network Supporting Asia's Transition to Net Zero
- Sharp Corporation, achieves the world's highest conversion efficiency solar cell with a light and bendable