EPA Helpdesk Webinar 01: Rules of Origin
How can my SME benefit from the preferential rates linked to the Rules of Origin?
The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement is foreseen to come into force in early 2019 giving opportunities to European SMEs to start exporting or strengthen their exports to Japan. The agreement lets exporters benefit from preferential treatment upon importation into Japan provided that their products are produced within the European Union. However, the Rules of Origin can become complex to understand, especially when the supply chain involves multiple countries. The goal of this webinar is to provide practical information about what Rules of Origin are. It will also act as a guide for SMEs with regards to the procedures they need to follow in order to claim preferential treatment when importing their EU-originating products in Japan.
This webinar is part of a series of webinars by the EU-Japan EPA Helpdesk. Each webinar will be address a different topic or sector and will look at the changes the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement will make and the opportunities it will create. Each webinar will be accompanied by a factsheet and a practical guide. For more information on the EPA Helpdesk please click here.
The webinar was targeted to European SMEs seeking to understand and benefit from the EU-Japan EPA.
Date of webinar: 8 November 2018.
Time of webinar is Brussels time: 10:30 - 11:30
- Understand how your SME can benefit from the Rules of Origin and preferential duty rates
- Determine how products you are exporting will be considered as originating from the EU
- Find which rule to apply to prove your products are originating in the EU
- Find out which procedures to follow
- Laurence Van Nitsen - European Commission (DG Trade)
- Albert Hendriks – European Commission (DG Taxud)
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office