EU-Japan Business Matchmaking with Vietnam
From 7 to 9 March 2022, the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation organised a webinar and a virtual business matchmaking event to launch the platform "EU-Japan Business Matchmaking with Vietnam".
The objective of this one-year platform is to connect EU, Japanese and Vietnamese companies and organisations interested in trilateral business cooperation for joint projects in Vietnam.
The platform is accessible here.
The event report is available here.
Webinar (7 March 2022)
The webinar officially launched the platform "EU-Japan Business Matchmaking with Vietnam".
The speakers of the opening remarks presented the objectives of the platform and the joint efforts by the EU-Japan Centre and its partners to foster Vietnam-EU-Japan trilateral business cooperation in Vietnam.
The context of Vietnam was provided with an overview of Vietnam's economic development from 1986 to 2022 by Ms. Hanh Nguyen, Head of Business Support at the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Vietnam.
An overview of Japanese investment in Vietnam was presented by Mr. Toshio Kazama, Deputy General Director, Phu My 3 Specialized Industrial Park.
A presentation of the City of Yokohama's Y-PORT Program was given by Mr. Shunsuke Hieda, leader of the team of experts running this project.
Two success stories of joint projects between EU and Japanese companies in Asia, including in Vietnam were also presented during the webinar:
- The success story of the Estonian company Skeleton Technologies with the Japanese company Marubeni was presented by Dr. Sebastian Pohlmann, Vice-President of Skeleton Technologies.
- The success stories between the French company EDF with several Japanese companies like Sumitomo Corporation, TEPCO and Sojitz were presented by Mr. Vincent Dufour, General Representative Japan & Korea at EDF.
The full agenda of the webinar and more information about the speakers are available here.
The recording of the webinar is available here.
Virtual Business Matchmaking (8-9 March 2022)
Two days of virtual business matchmaking followed the webinar.
Participants registered on the platform had the opportunity to arrange meetings with other participants and to meet them virtually on these two days.
In total, 54 companies and organisations represented by 69 individuals took part in the matchmaking and 19 meetings successfully took place.
Feedback shows that 50% of these meetings could result in "possible cooperation".
The virtual platform "EU-Japan Business Matchmaking with Vietnam" will be open for one year.
Registration for eligible companies and organisations will be possible throughout the year. Registered participants will be able to arrange meetings with other participants at any time of their convenience.
Other events will be organised on the platform to showcase more opportunities for cooperation. Business matchmaking sessions will be organised to foster the connection between EU, Japanese and Vietnamese companies to discuss trilateral projects in Vietnam.
The EU-Japan Centre partnered with the following organisations to organise this kick-off event.
- French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Vietnam (CCIFV)
- French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan (CCIFJ)
- German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Vietnam (AHK Vietnam)
- German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan (AHK Japan)
- Flanders Investment & Trade
- Y-PORT Center
In cooperation with:
- Embassy of Germany in Japan
- Embassy of Greece in Japan
- Embassy of Slovakia in Japan
- Embassy of Hungary in Japan
- CzechInvest in Japan