EU-Japan Energy Business Seminar : Towards Flexible Energy Systems
On the occasion of the EU-Japan Energy Policy Dialogue held in Brussels on 21 June 2017 by the Japanese Government and the European Commission, the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation organised a side event, bringing together Japanese and European energy experts together to discuss how to move "towards a flexible energy system".
There were 5 parts to the event:
- an introductory session with speeches by the European Commission's Director-General for Energy and by the Japanese Ambassador of the Mission of Japan to the European Union
- a high-level round table on "Evolution towards highly flexible energy systems - needs & opportunities"
- a panel discussion of flexibility at transmission and utility scale
- a panel discussion of flexibility at distribution scale with presentations
- a panel discussion featuring companies, industry and research organisations