ABOUT THE MISSION
Since 1987, more than 600 companies across Europe have benefited from knowledge and concrete tools for better approaching the Japanese market thanks to the Centre training programmes in Tokyo.
The 2-week ‘Get Ready for Japan’ scheme offers EU managers the unique opportunity to experience and understand both the cultural and economic elements which define and explain Japan's business and technological achievements. Continuously improved to meet the latest expectations about business in Japan, the Get Ready for Japan provides EU businessmen with a professional Japan-related expertise.
It is focused on business management and consists of a combination of lectures, virtual case studies and meetings. This is designed to help participants become thoroughly informed about the actual conditions of Japanese business through practical analysis and research. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss with Japanese managers about decision-making, team management methods in Japan.
- have a major role in defining and implementing their companies’ policies vis-à-vis Japan,
- are to be transferred to Japan,
- come from companies intending to supply Japanese companies,
- wish to learn about management practices and technological developments in Japan.
(*) SMEs are companies meeting the standard European Commission criteria for an SME
Large companies may apply, but priority will be given to applicants from SMEs.
The candidate must:
- work for an organization that is a juridical person based in
- be supported by their employer and be able to participate in the entire programme;
- have a reasonable command of English;
- be a manager or an executive from an industrial company;
- have proven experience in industry.
(**) Please check the status of your country at https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/smp/guidance/list-3rd-country-participation_smp_en.pdf, Please only refer to the sub-paragraph: "COSME strand (SMP COSME)".
SMP-COSME: Stands for “Countries Participating in the COSME strand of the Single Market Programme". The Single Market Programme is the Commission programme that funds the EU-Japan Centre.
The main criteria for selection is: the strategy of the participant's company regarding Japan
In order to ensure a high degree of personal attention, the number of participants is limited to 14 participants
The EU-Japan Centre covers all training-related costs such as speakers’ fees, room rental, transfers for company visits, etc.
All participants cover their travel costs to and from Japan as well as living expenses in Japan, including accommodation.
Selected companies must pay a deposit of €1,000 to guarantee the place on the mission.
The deposit will be refunded to SME's participants within the week following the completion of the mission.
Failure to transfer the deposit by the deadline set by the Centre may result in the offer of the place being withdrawn.
The purpose of the mission is:
- to acquire a broad understanding of the Japanese business environment, business practices and Japanese-style personal communications in order to find ways to do successful business through a partner relationship;
- to become aware of the decision-making process inside Japanese companies and therefore gain a better understanding of their negotiation style and hierarchy;
- to give the opportunity to reinforce relationships with current Japanese customers and facilitate contacts with future ones.