JTPP Helpdesk webinar: Public Procurement & Circular Economy
30-06-21 | 10:30 - 11:30 AM CET
What are the procurement activities of Japanese government entities in support of a transfer to a Circular Economy and does this offer opportunities for EU SMEs?
A wide range of activities are undertaken by the Japanese government to deal with environmental challenges such as climate change, global warming and environmental pollutions. The transfer to a Circular Economy is regarded as one of the ways to deal with these challenges. While balancing a variety of interests, governments have various means at their disposal to support their policy choices. Public Procurement is one seen as one of these tools.
During this webinar we will discuss JTPP Helpdesk's first Thematic Report on Japanese Public Procurement and the transfer to a Circular Economy and take a closer look at Japan's Green Public Procurement (GPP) activities and discuss opportunities for EU SMEs.
The webinar is targeted to EU SMEs that have ambitions to offer 'green solutions' to Japanese government organizations through public procurement.
In 60 minutes from your desk, discover:
- Regulations governing Green Public Procurement
- Actual procurement conducted by Japanese government entitites for public services like waste processing
- Introduction of recent policies and initiatives undertaken by Japanese government entities.
- Q&A Session
Registration deadline: 28 June 2021
- Ms. Mizuki KATO, policy researcher of Sustainable Consumption and Production at the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
- Mr. Toru NISHIYAMA, principal visiting researcher of Sustainable Consumption and Production at the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
The Institute of Global Environmental Strategies was initiated by the Japanese government in 1998 and is supported by Kanagawa Prefecture. Located in Hayama, IGES conducts innovative policy development and strategic research for environmental measures to support the realisation of sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific and beyond.
Both speakers have conducted extensive research on circular economy policies and also are involved in comparative studies between Japan and the EU on this topic.
- Mr. Lyckle Griek, JTPP Helpdesk Programme Manager
- Moderator: Lyckle Griek, Japan Tax & Public Procurement Helpdesk
- Organizer: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - JTPP Helpdesk
To register for this event click here
For more information about this event, please contact us at email@example.com