Webinar 141: Practical Guide on Export-to-Sales Processes for the EU Agri-food Products to the Japanese Market
10-09-19 | 10:30 - 11:30 AM CET
Are you familiar with administrative processes in sequence when exporting and selling your agri-food products to Japan?
Agri-food sector is one of the three areas where the EU expect to make the greatest gains under the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) which came into force on 1 February 2019. This is the first webinar of a series of three practical guides for the EU producers and exporters of agri-food products to learn the administrative processes to follow and to make thorough preparation for their export-to-sales businesses to Japan. A question-and-answer session follows the presentation.
The webinar is targeted to EU companies seeking to learn about the administrative processes when exporting agri-food products to Japan.
Registration deadline: 09/09/2019
In 40 minutes from your desk, discover:
- Selection of distribution channels in Japanese markets
- Preliminary inquiries to Japan Customs
- Application for export permit and certificates at home country
- Arrangement for packing and shipment
- Forwarding documents and information for custom clearance
- Preparation of Import declaration
- Application for import quarantine
- Preparation of “Notification of Importation of Food
- Claims for “Preferential Tariff Treatment
- Payment of custom duties, exercise tax and consumption tax
- Compliance with “Food and Labelling Act”
- Use of Japanese distribution system involving (1) third-party importer, (2) distributor, (3) national wholesaler, (4) regional wholesaler, (5) local wholesaler and (6) retailer
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
Speakers: Prof. Chieko Nakabayashi (Ogasawara Global LLC.) - Ms Nakabayashi is professor, researcher and consultant on business development, based in Brussels and Tokyo.
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office
Please go to the EU Business in Japan website, to register for this webinar.
If you are already a member of the EU Business in Japan website, please log in and then go to the webinar link - If you are not yet a member, you will first have to register as a member via:http://www.eubusinessinjapan.eu/user/register and then when your registration request is confirmed, please log in and go to the 'Events' section of the website and register to the webinar.