Digital Cluster/SME Mission
Join our Digital mission during the Innovation Leaders’ Summit 2022 in Tokyo
Applications are closed
Through this 4-day mission, you will have the opportunity to:
- promote your technology at one of Japan’s leading open innovation events
- meet potential business partners
- create new business opportunities
- develop partnerships and business cooperation in global markets
- attend match-making events
- increase your innovation capacity and become more competitive on a global scale (as an SME)
- prepare the ground for practical cluster cooperation across borders and make a more strategic use of transnational cluster cooperation on markets outside Europe in areas of strategic interest (as a cluster)
For more info about ILS: https://ils.tokyo
Clusters (*) and SMEs (**) from European Union and COSME partnering countries (***).
Large companies may apply, but priority will be given to applicants from SMEs and from clusters active in sectors covered by the trade fair.
We are looking for EU SMEs specialized in digital technologies (i.e. technologies encompassing digital devices, systems, and resources that help create, store, and process data) interested in doing business with Japan.
The candidate must:
- be a citizen of an EU Member State or of a COSME partnering country
- work for a company that is > 50% EU (or COSME partnering country) owned
- work for an organisation that is an EU (or COSME partnering country) juridical person
- be supported by his/her employer
- be able to participate in the entire programme
- have a good command of English
- be a manager with proven experience in the industry
The main criteria for selection are:
The EU-Japan Centre covers all costs directly related to the mission (i.e. partnering event registration, printing service to give participants more visibility, access to the partnering system; interpretation at the fair)
The participants' companies must cover travel costs to/from Japan, accommodation and any other living costs.
(*): Clusters are those who are registered in the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (http://www.clustercollaboration.eu).
Registration on that platform is free of charge.
(**): SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) are companies meeting the standard European Commission criteria for an SME
Other companies are not eligible.
(***) Please check the status of your country at https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/smp/guidance/list-3rd-country-participation_smp_en.pdf, Please only refer to the sub-paragraph: "COSME strand (SMP COSME)".
SMP-COSME: Stands for “Countries Participating in the COSME strand of the Single Market Programme". The Single Market Programme is the Commission programme that funds the EU-Japan Centre.
THE DIGITAL SECTOR IN JAPAN
Looking for information about the digital sector in Japan?
Visit the dedicated pages in our EU Business in Japan website:
Free membership registration.