Get ready for Japan
Get an in-depth understanding of how to do business in Japan
- How to succeed in Japan?
- Do you wish to gain in-depth insight into the Japanese business environment?
- Do you require a better understanding of your Japanese partners/competitors?
- Do you need to learn more about Japanese management practices?
- Are you about to be transferred to Japan?
- Are you considering venturing into the Japanese market?
ABOUT THE MISSION
Since 1987, more than 600 companies across Europe have benefited from knowledge and concrete tools for better approaching the Japanese market thanks to the Centre training programmes.
The 2-week ‘Get Ready for Japan’ scheme offers EU managers the unique opportunity to experience and understand both the cultural and economic elements which define and explain Japan's business and technological achievements. Continuously improved to meet the latest expectations about business in Japan, the Get Ready for Japan provides EU businessmen with a professional Japan-related expertise.
It is focused on business management and consists of a combination of lectures, case studies, role plays and company visits. This is designed to help participants become thoroughly informed about the actual conditions of Japanese business through practical analysis and research. Participants will have the opportunity to take part to negotiation role-play exercises and discuss with Japanese managers about decision-making, team management methods in Japan.
- have a major role in defining and implementing their companies’ policies vis-à-vis Japan,
- are to be transferred to Japan,
- come from companies intending to supply Japanese companies,
- wish to learn about management practices and technological developments in Japan.
The candidate must:
- be a citizen of an EU Member State or of a COSME partnering country;
- work for a company that is > 50% EU or COSME partnering country owned;
- work for an organisation that is an EU or COSME partnering country juridical person;
- be supported by their employer and be able to participate in the entire programme;
- have a reasonable command of English;
- be a manager or an executive from an industrial company;
- have proven experience in industry.
The main criteria for selection are:
- the strategy of the participant's company regarding Japan
In order to ensure a high degree of personal attention, the number of participants is limited to 14 participants
The purpose of the mission in Japan is:
- to acquire a broad understanding of the Japanese business environment, business practices and Japanese-style personal communications in order to find ways to do successful business through a partner relationship;
- to become aware of the decision-making process inside Japanese companies and therefore gain a better understanding of their negotiation style and hierarchy;
- to give the opportunity to reinforce relationships with current Japanese customers and facilitate contacts with future ones.
WHO PAYS WHAT?
For SMEs, the EU-Japan Centre covers all training-related costs such as speakers' fees, room rental, transfers for company visits, etc.
In addition, participants from SMEs receive a grant up to € 1200. Participants from non-SMEs pay a small tuition fee (€1200). All participants cover their travel costs to and from Japan as well as living expenses in Japan, including accommodation.