Green Cluster/SME Mission
Promote your green technologies at Tokyo’ Decarbonisation Expo with the support of the EU-JAPAN CENTRE !
ABOUT THE MISSION
The Green Mission will be organised on the fringe of the Decarbonisation Expo in Tokyo, From March 14 to 17, 2023.
Participants will be able to meet Japanese companies and promote their activities face to face.
Through this 4-day mission you will have the opportunity to:
- display your technology at one of Japan’s leading trade shows
- meet potential business partners
- create new business opportunities
- develop partnerships and business cooperation on global markets
- attend match-making events
- increase your innovation capacity and become more competitive on a global scale (as an SME)
- prepare the ground for practical cluster cooperation across borders and make a more strategic use of transnational cluster cooperation on markets outside Europe in areas of strategic interest (as a cluster)
The programme targets participants from SMEs(*) and clusters(**) from the EU or COSME partnering countries(***), active in the following sectors.
Energy production & conservation
Renewables, biomass, CCS, SMRs, co-generation, energy storage, advanced materials, thermal isolation...
Efficiency and sustainability
Sustainable consumer products, recycling, waste reduction, re-usable products...
Zero emission vehicles, hydrogen, e-bikes, fuel cells, micromobility...
The candidate must:
- work for an organization that is a juridical person based in
- the European Union, or
- a COSME partnering country(***), or
- be supported by his/her employer
- be able to participate in the entire programme
- have a good command of English
- have proven experience in the industry
The main criteria for selection are:
- the professional & educational background of the candidate;
- the strategy of the participant's company regarding Japan;
- the innovative aspects of the product/technology/service offered by the company.
In order to ensure a high degree of personal attention, the number of participants in this mission is limited.
PARTICIPATION FEE – CANCELLATION
The EU-Japan Centre will cover participation fees to the fair, and the booth operational costs.
The participants' companies must cover travel costs to/from Japan, accommodation and any other costs not covered directly by the EU-Japan Centre (living expenses).
SMEs (**) and CLUSTERS (***):
Participation is free.
SMEs and clusters must pay a 100% refundable deposit of €1,000 to guarantee the place on the mission.
The deposit will be refunded within the week following the completion of the mission.
Failure to transfer the deposit by the deadline set by the Centre may result in the offer of the place being withdrawn.
(*) SMEs are companies meeting the standard European Commission criteria for an SME
(**) Clusters are those who are registered in the European Cluster Cooperation Platform (http://www.clustercollaboration.eu). Registration on that platform is free of charge.
(***) Please check the status of your country at https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/smp/guidance/list-3rd-country-participation_smp_en.pdf, Please only refer to the sub-paragraph: "COSME strand (SMP COSME)".
SMP-COSME: Stands for “Countries Participating in the COSME strand of the Single Market Programme". The Single Market Programme is the Commission programme that funds the EU-Japan Centre.
THE GREEN SECTOR IN JAPAN
Looking for information about the green sector in Japan?
Visit the dedicated pages in our EU Business in Japan website:
If this mission is relevant to you, chances are our Green Transition Matchmaking platform will interest you too!
Have a look at https://eu-japan-green-transition-2022.b2match.io/