ICT Cluster SME Mission
- Exhibit at the Japan IT Week trade fair at Tokyo Big Sight
- Gain knowledge about the ICT market structure, sector analysis, business policy
- Identify relevant key contacts (decision makers, R&D centres, business partners)
- Establish relationships with potential partners (trade and technology)
- Benefit from face-to-face meetings leading to possible business opportunities
ABOUT THE MISSION
The 4-day mission will include:
- an "ICT partnering event" on Tuesday, 8 May in Tokyo (Kasumigaseki Building, Plaza Hall)
- 3-day fair at the "Japan IT Week" (Spring edition) from Wednesday 9 to Friday 11 May. Mission participants will attend B2B meetings and meet with Japanese visitors. In order to maximize their partnering opportunities, they will be able to exhibit in the EU-Japan Centre booth. Professional interpreters will be on hand during the trade fair to help them communicate with potential Japanese business partners. Based on materials they provide, the EU-Japan Centre will arrange Japanese-language posters to promote their product at the EU Delegation booth at the trade fair.
A Welcome Get-together for Mission participants will be organized on the evening before the Mission starts. This is an occasion to meet other participants in a casual and friendly atmosphere for those who are already in Tokyo at that time.
A month before the mission, an online pre-departure briefing will help you prepare for the mission to ensure you get the most out of it.
Through this mission you have the opportunity to:
- display your technology at one of Japan’s leading trade shows
- meet potential business partners
- create new business opportunities
- develop partnerships and business cooperation on global markets
- attend match-making events
- increase your innovation capacity and become more competitive on a global scale (as an SME)
- prepare the ground for practical cluster cooperation across borders and make a more strategic use of transnational cluster cooperation on markets outside Europe in areas of strategic interest (as a cluster)
Clusters and SMEs from European Union and COSME partnering countries.
Large companies may apply, but priority will be given to applicants from SMEs and from clusters active in sectors covered by the trade fair.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Fintech / Asset Management Solutions
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Machine to Machine (M2M) communication
- Cyber security
- Big Data Management
Applications from EU companies and clusters covering products/technologies/services relevant to Artificial Intelligence, Fintech,
and Internet of things (IoT) will be prioritized.
The candidate must:
- be a citizen of an EU Member State or of a COSME partnering country
- work for a company that is > 50% EU (or COSME partnering country) owned
- work for an organisation that is an EU (or COSME partnering country) juridical person
- be supported by his/her employer
- be able to participate in the entire programme
- have a good command of English
- be a manager with proven experience in industry
The main criteria for selection are:
- the professional & educational background of the candidate;
- the strategy of the participant's company regarding Japan.
In order to ensure a high degree of personal attention, the number of participants in this mission is limited to 20.
PARTICIPATION FEE – GRANT - GUARANTEE - CANCELLATION
The EU-Japan Centre covers all costs directly related to the mission (i.e. partnering event registration, trade fair registration, booth rental & printing service to give participants more visibility, access to the partnering system; interpretation during B2B meetings and simultaneous interpretation during individual presentation at the fair)
The participants' companies must cover travel costs to/from Japan, accommodation and any other costs not covered directly by the EU-Japan Centre (living expenses).
SMEs * and CLUSTERS **:
Participation is free. On top, SMEs and clusters benefit from a €600 grant but absences during the mission may lead to deductions amounting to 150 EUR/day.
SMEs and clusters must pay a 100% refundable deposit of €1,000 to guarantee the place on the mission.
Failure to transfer the deposit by the deadline set by the Centre may result in the offer of the place being withdrawn.
The deposit will be refunded within 8 weeks after the mission only if the participant submits any and all reports the Centre asks him/her to make.
If, for whatever reason, a participant cannot take up his / her confirmed place, the deposit may NOT be refunded.
OTHER ENTITIES (entities that cannot be considered as SMEs * or clusters **):
Other entities must pay a contribution of €1,000 towards the costs incurred by the EU-Japan Centre in relation to the company's participation.
Failure to do so by the deadline set by the Centre may result in the offer of the place being withdrawn.
If, for whatever reason, a participant cannot take up his / her confirmed place, the contribution may NOT be refunded.
(*): SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) are companies meeting the standard European Commission criteria for an SME
which have applied successfully for a scholarship. Other companies are large companies or SMEs that fail to apply successfully for a scholarship.
(**): Clusters are those who are registered in the European Cluster Cooperation Platform (http://www.clustercollaboration.eu).
Registration on that platform is free of charge.