Webinar 135: Cross Cultural Issues: Overcoming mutual perceptions of distance and difference
05-03-19 | 10:00 - 11:00 AM CET
How can European SMEs both overcome and exploit mutual perceptions of distance and difference between European and Japanese business environments?
In contexts for international business and management, perceptions of ‘distance’ and ‘difference’ can appear as sources of high risk, threats to management control, and thus as obstacles to international business success. As illustrated in this webinar, distances between Europe and Japan can appear actual or perceived: e.g. ‘real’ in terms of geography and climate, and ‘psychological’ in terms of management thinking, consumer behaviour, and of business cultures generally. These differences and distances can appear ‘mutual’: i.e. relevant to both sides of Japanese-European trading relationships. This webinar gives practical examples and advice to managers in EU companies who wish to both overcome actual and perceived differences and distances between Europe and Japan and – where possible – exploit these differences and distances in pursuit of business success in Japan.
The webinar is targeted to EU companies seeking to enter markets and do business successfully in Japan.
Registration deadline: 04/03/2019
In 40 minutes from your desk, discover:
- Initiate contact with potential customers and business partners in Japan
- Identify and prepare for the ‘challenges’ associated with actual and perceived distances and differences between the business environments of Europe and Japan
- Prepare – in practical terms – to overcome actual and perceived differences and distances between the business environments of Europe and Japan
- Prepare – in practical terms – to exploit actual and perceived differences and distances between the business environments of Europe and Japan
- Initiate practical steps towards gaining reliable return on long-term business investments in Japan
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office
Please go to the EU Business in Japan website, to register for this webinar.
If you are already a member of the EU Business in Japan website, please log in and then go to the webinar link - If you are not yet a member, you will first have to register as a member via:http://www.eubusinessinjapan.eu/user/register and then when your registration request is confirmed, please log in and go to the 'Events' section of the website and register to the webinar.