EPA Helpdesk Webinar 40: Rules of Origin
07-09-21 | 10:30 h - 11:30 h CET
What to know before starting trade exchanges with Japan?
This webinar is part of a series of webinars by the EU-Japan EPA Helpdesk. Each webinar will address a different topic or sector and will look at the changes the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement will make and the opportunities it will create. It will be accompanied by a informational materials.
For more information on the EPA Helpdesk, please click here.
Even if you already export to some FTA-countries, you will need specific information if you intend to have trade with Japan as the EU-Japan EPA is very different from the other trade agreements concluded by the EU.
This presentation will present you what to start with, and will put the focus on the main differences with former agreements. In addition, this webinar will analyse the best and the easiest way to put into practice the EU-Japan EPA and will also provide some useful links with trustworthy information.
This webinar targets European companies seeking to put, administratively, everything in place before exporting to Japan.
Topics covered during this webinar:
- Where to find the legal base of the EPA between EU and japan
- How to fill in the application form to obtain the status of "Registered exporter"
- The different possibilities of proof of origin
- How to issue the origin statement
- What origin criteria codes must be mentioned in the origin statement
- The cumulation possibilities with Japan
- The layout of the Product specific rules (sufficient working rules) and the signification of the different abbreviations
- Where and how to check the import duties on preferential origin goods.
- Useful and trustworthy web-links
- Expert's presentation
- Q&A Session
Speaker: Roger Teney, Fiscal expert - Belgian Customs and Excise Administration
Moderator: Pauline Laloux - Business Support Coordinator, EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office
Registration deadline: 06/09/2021
For the past EPA webinars' recordings, please click here.