Lean in Europe - visit 23 - LEGO and Skoda
The 23rd Lean in Europe visit will be a double visit to LEGO’s packing facility and Škoda's Lean Centre, near Prague in the Czech Republic. It will take place on Tuesday, 16 & Wednesday 17 July 2019.
You can apply for a place on this double visit by completing this webform. Applications must be submitted by 09 June.
The Škoda part of the visit will focus on:
The LEGO part of the visit will focus on:
Day 1 - Lean in Europe visit to the Škoda Lean Centre; Evening Group Discussion and Dinner
- The afternoon visit will include detailed information and exchanges with staff of Škoda's Lean Centre and an insight into how Škoda uses strategic development, team training, lean and industry 4.0 tools. (It will not be possible to visit the production line.)
- An evening group discussion on "lean in a digital world - capturing value" will be led by Richard Keegan (Adjunct Professor - Trinity Business School, Dublin and Lean advisor to the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation.)
- An informal networking dinner will give participants an opportunity to meet informally with representatives of both host companies.
Day 2 - Lean in Europe visit to LEGO's packaging facility
The visit will include lectures, shop-floor visits, coaching and detailed explanations by staff of LEGO's packaging division focusing on:
- implementation of Team Coordinators on shop floor (Toyota-style organisational structure with team leaders and team coordinators);
- SMED, improvement of change over on packing lines;
- a LEAN assessment tool; and
- 3D printing of spare parts.