Webinar 131: The Japanese market of single-use plastic products
29-01-19 | 10:30 - 11:30 AM CET
What is Japan’s approach to address plastic pollution?
Japan is a world leader producer and consumer of plastic and disposable products. Yet, marine pollution from plastic waste is a growing concern and, after the EU, Japan is actively preparing a new strategy to tackle this issue before welcoming the next G20 in Osaka in 2019. The webinar will introduce the Japanese market of single-use plastic products and potential substitutes, focusing on the items targeted by the EU. We will review the latest development and current situation in Japan, including the political/legislative trends as well as initiatives from the government, business and civil society regarding this topic.
The webinar is targeted to EU companies offering alternative solutions to disposable petroleum-based plastic and seeking new market opportunities.
Registration deadline: 28/01/2018
In 40 minutes from your desk, discover:
- How the international context impacts Japan
- Key figures of the Japanese plastic (waste) market
- Outline of the Japanese waste management system (focus on plastic)
- Recent political / legislative trends regarding single-use plastic in Japan
- Market information on plastic alternatives in Japan
- Market information on the products targeted by the new EU rules in Japan
- Overview of the opportunities for EU innovative SMEs proposing alternative solutions and Recommendations
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
Speaker: Christine Yolin, Independent Consultant
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office
Please go to the EU Business in Japan website, to register for this webinar.
If you are already a member of the EU Business in Japan website, please log in and then go to the webinar link - If you are not yet a member, you will first have to register as a member via:http://www.eubusinessinjapan.eu/user/register and then when your registration request is confirmed, please log in and go to the 'Events' section of the website and register to the webinar.