Lean in Europe - visit 28 - Ski Beat
VISIT POSTPONED: The 28th Lean in Europe visit was scheduled to be to Ski Beat's La Plagne resort in the French Alps on 20 & 21 April 2020.
In light of disruption and health concerns associated with the global outbreak of coronavirus this visit will be postponed for the foreseeable future.
The 28th Lean in Europe visit was to look at how lean rules and tools can be applied in a service environment (the hospitality industry). This visit will be led by Prof. Richard Keegan, Adjunct Professor of Lean Operational Excellence, Trinity Business School.
This visit would build upon a previous Lean in Europe visit to Topflight Travel Group (the parent company of Ski Beat and the corporate administrative headquarters). Since hosting that visit in 2017, Topflight has continued to send participants on the EU-Japan Centre's Lean in Europe visits.
Hosted by Ski Beat in its La Plagne resort in The Alps, this hands-on visit would look at lean and guest satisfaction, lean and staff engagement and a practical exercise to improve the breakfast process!
A two-day event, with the possibility of staying on for an additional two days of skiing. This would have been a working visit - Ski Beat is looking for real feedback and to have useful discussions around the guest experience and staff 'delight' (motivation, retention and satisfaction) - in a fun location.
|Monday, 20 April - Arrival, informal welcome, lecture and coaching, dinner|
|13:00||Deadline for arriving at Geneva Airport (GVA)|
|14:00||Coach leaves Geneva Airport for La Plagne|
Welcome drink and canapés.
Lean discussion and coaching for the next day's process mapping exercise.
|20:00||Return to your chalets for a small group dinner.|
|Tuesday, 21 April - Working breakfast, two small group discussions (everyone takes part in both), working lunch, optional dōjō visit|
|07:30||Working breakfast: Enjoy your breakfast whilst mapping the process and identifying the wastes.|
|09:00||Discussion about breakfast process and propose improvements.|
Breakout #1: Lean & Guest Satisfaction
Breakout #2: Lean & Staff Engagement
|13:00||Working lunch: Report back on the breakfast process mapping, guest satisfaction and staff engagement discussions.|
EITHER coach transfer back to Geneva Airport for evening flights (after 19:00) home
OR stay on for a final session and then two days in the resort:
|Coach transfer to Ski Beat's test kitchen in Bourg-st-Maurice.|
|Dōjō activity: Trial your improvement ideas from the breakfast process mapping.|
|Coach transfer back to La Plagne.|
|17:30||Free time in La Plagne|
|20:00||Dinner in your chalet|
|Wednesday, 22nd April - optional programme|
|Breakfast, full day skiing, afternoon tea, dinner in the chalets|
|Thursday, 23rd April - optional programme|
|Breakfast, half-day skiing, coach transfer to Geneva Airport in time for evening flights (after 19:00) home.|
|Possibility for your partner to accompany you (for 1 to 2½ days of skiing including lunch in the mountain restaurant on the Tuesday).|
Who is this visit for?
- Please note that not all applicants will be allocated places.
- Places will be awarded to participants based on how they demonstrate that taking part in this visit will assist their company's lean journey.
- Priority will be given to applicants with some experience in implementing lean.
- Your sector of activity is unimportant (you might work in hospitality, in another service sector or in traditional or additive manufacturing, for example).
- EU nationals and COSME nationals including British nationals can apply for a place on this visit.
- Direct competitors (ski chalet providers) will NOT be able to join this Lean in Europe visit.
Costs to be covered by you/your company
- You will have to cover your own travel costs to/from Geneva Airport.
- Should you choose to stay on for the 1½ days of skiing, you will have to cover the costs of your lift passes, hire of ski or snowboard equipment, and private instruction (if needed).
- Should you choose to be accompanied, you/your partner will have to cover the costs of his/her lift passes, hire of ski or snowboard equipment, and private instruction (if needed).
- Should you and/or your partner choose to do any skiing, snowboarding or other winter sport, you/(s)he MUST be covered by a comprehensive winter sports insurance policy.
Costs to be covered by the hosts and organiser
- Airport transfers (between Geneva Airport and La Plagne) for people taking the group transfer.
- All accommodation and meals (you will be the guests of Ski Beat).
Please e-mail email@example.com or call +32 2 282 3714.