The mission of the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation is:
- to promote all forms of industrial, trade and investment cooperation between Japan and the EU;
- to strengthen the technological capabilities and the competitiveness of the European and Japanese industrial systems.
The EU-Japan Centre is committed to developing its activities to follow as closely as possible the priorities of the Japanese and EU Authorities and the needs of industry. Its activities are continuously reviewed so as to respond to the changing needs of industry in both regions.
Services offered by the EU-Japan Centre
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation follows the priorities fixed by the Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW) and the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry (METI).
It manages policy-related and business support activities such as managerial training courses, cluster missions, information seminars, researches, student placement programmes, a business forum, an info & help desk, as well as various other services all designed to help bring European and Japanese businesses together.
TRAINING SCHEMES FOR EU EXECUTIVES
- Get Ready for Japan (training programme, in Japan)
- World Class Manufacturing-mission (48th edition)
- World Class Manufacturing-mission (49th edition)
- Lean Café (sharing of ideas and best practices through monthly webinars on lean issues)
- Lean Masterclass : Getting things Done (series of 8 podcast lectures available for download)
- Lean in Europe : Driving Competitiveness (company visits in the EU focussing on operational excellence and improvement activities, currently suspended)
BUSINESS MISSIONS IN JAPAN
INTERNSHIP SCHEMES FOR EU AND JAPANESE COMPANIES
- Vulcanus in Japan (1-year internship in Japan for EU students & host companies in Japan)
- Vulcanus in Europe (1-year internship in the EU for Japanese students & EU host companies)
- Step in Japan (logistical support in Japan)
- Enterprise Europe Network (network of supporting organisations for SMEs)
- EU Business in Japan (information on Japan)
- Keys to Japan (business plan drafting support service for European SMEs)
- Tax and Public Procurement (helpdesk for European SMEs)
- EPA Helpdesk (helpdesk for European SMEs)
- Information desk (business inquiries)