Webinar 124: Cross-cultural Issues: A first encounter (Part 2)
How can I turn my first encounter with Japanese business partners into a success?
This webinar has been postponed to 23/10/2018
A first encounter with Japanese business partners can be quite challenging. Having a realistic view of what can be achieved at all and what pitfalls are to be avoided, is of vital importance. Not only do you need to know about the basic business etiquette. You will also have to be acquainted with Japanese communication and presentation styles. No matter if you meet up with your potential business partners in Japan or your home country. This webinar will give you all the hands-on advice you need for a first get-together.
The webinar is targeted to EU companies seeking to get prepared for a visit meeting with Japanese partners.
Registration deadline: 22/10/2018
What you will learn during this webinar:
In 40 minutes from your desk, you will discover:
- Basic Japanese business etiquette from bowing to exchanging business cards
- The background and art of Japanese indirect communication
- How to read and understand the Japanese
- How to express yourself in an appropriate way
- How to present your company in a professional way
- All about “after-five” activities and how to behave at social events like dinners
- How to treat and receive Japanese guests in Europe
- General Do’s and Don’ts in Japan
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
Speaker: Angela Kessel, Consultant and Trainer for intercultural communication and marketing at ACCESS CULTURE
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office
Please go to the EU Business in Japan website, to register for this webinar.
If you are already a member of the EU Business in Japan website, please log in and then go to the webinar link - If you are not yet a member, you will first have to register as a member via:http://www.eubusinessinjapan.eu/user/register and then when your registration request is confirmed, please log in and go to the 'Events' section of the website and register to the webinar.