Labour-related Insurance

 Latest update: June 2022 

When foreigners establish sole proprietorships and corporations in Japan, public insurance is required for their dependents, and employees. Be sure to be acquainted with the Japanese system: who has to be covered, what are the procedures, etc. are the questions to which you will be able to answer after reading the following points.


> If you are looking for information on the state of the private insurance market in Japan, please click here


Table of Contents

  • Overview
  • Employee Labour and social insurance systems
    • Labour Insurance
      • Workers' Accident Compensation Insurance
      • (Un)Employment Insurance
    • Social Insurance
      • Health Insurance and Nursing Care Insurance
      • Employees' Pension Insurance
  • Company’s labour and health insurance procedures
  • Resignation of Employee
  • Expert Reports & Webinars
  • Further Reading
  • Relevant Organisations and Trade Fairs
Please log in for full access
Subscribe to
our newsletters

The EU-Japan Centre currently produces 5 newsletters :

  • EU-Japan NEWS - our flagship newsletter covering the Centre's support services, information about EU (or Member States) - Japan cooperation
  • Japanese Industry and Policy News
  • “About Japan” e-News (Only available for EU companies / EU organisations)
  • Japan Tax and Public Procurement Weekly Tender Digest (Only available for EU companies / EU organisations)
  • Tech Transfer Helpdesk Newsletter
1 EUR = 170,821 JPY